March 4/5, 2019 from 8:30am – 4:30pm
Registration: 8:30-8:45 am
TRAINERS: Donna Bowyer
Location: Mosaic Towers, 2nd Floor, 2010-12th Ave., Regina, Sk
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: February 27, 2020
For inquiries please call Donna Bowyer at (306) 525-5601 or email@example.com
Cost $ 180.00
ASIST is a two-day, skills-building workshop that prepares caregivers of all kinds to provide suicide first aid interventions. Professionals, volunteers and informal helpers all need to know how to help persons with thoughts of suicide in ways that increase their suicide safety. As an ASIST-trained first aid intervention caregiver, you will be better able to:
– Identify people who have thoughts of suicide;
– Understand how your beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions;
– Seek a shared understanding of the reasons for thoughts of suicide and the reasons for living;
– Review current risk and develop a plan to increase safety from suicidal behavior for an agreed amount of
– Follow up on all safety commitments, accessing further help as needed.
Participation in the full two days is required. Enjoy small group discussions and skills practice that are based upon adult learning principles; experience powerful videos on suicide intervention; feel challenged and safe; learn suicide first aid.
Coffee break refreshments will be provided. Lunch is not provided.