It’s Mental Health Week!
Here are some quick facts about Mental Health Week, and this year’s campaign:
• This year, CMHA Mental Health Week is being observed May 4-10, 2020.
• Every year since 1951, CMHA has hosted Mental Health Week in the first full week in May, making 2020 the 69th year.
• Mental Health Week is a Canadian tradition, with communities, schools and workplaces rallying to celebrate, protect and promote mental health.
• Visit www.mentalhealthweek.ca for info and tools about CMHA Mental Health Week.
• This year, the theme is ‘social connection’ and its importance for mental health. The campaign this year calls for us to #GetReal about how we really feel.
• This year’s campaign is based on the insight that people in Canada commonly ask one another how we are but that it is also common not to provide – or expect – a truthful answer.
Many of us say we’re fine, even when we don’t mean it. ‘Fine’ keeps us at arm’s length from real social connections with others. Every time we just go through the motions, we miss a
chance to connect with others in a meaningful way.
• Each year, 1 in 5 Canadians will experience a mental illness or mental health issue, but 5 in 5 Canadians has mental health—we all need social connection!
Be sure to check out the CMHA Moose Jaw Facebook page for more info and updates!